- Category: Story Notes
- Created on Friday, 10 February 2012 04:26
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
- Published on Friday, 10 February 2012 04:26
- Written by Nizam
- Hits: 186
Casting the vote
Voting process is time consuming … how do we get a vote in timely orderly fashion that is fool proof?
One sample voting architecture
Based upon the pre-requisites each of the Super Voter should have a cell phone and a computer. Most of us already do
- Online Voting Account. The voting is done through a secure online voting system. We have several banks running all their operations online very safely under excellent secure systems … doing transactions worth in millions every day. So, security should only be a small technical glitch … which we should be able to resolve very easily.
- Encryption Key. Each voter is sent a secure encryption key to his email address, which he will use to cast the vote.
- Vote Cast. The candidate logs into his Voting Account and casts the vote using the unique encryption key.
- Vote Verification. A verification code is automatically sent to the registered mobile number of the candidate via SMS. The candidate enters the given code from his mobile number to verify and confirm his vote.
- Scam Check. There is wait period of one or two days … in case of any discrepancy … the candidate can claim that it was not him that put the vote. There was some online fraud or he put one vote & his account is showing another vote. If there are a lot of such Scam reports then that vote is nullified.
How do we know that it is the Super Voter and not someone else that is voting?
There is an information transfer from the personal belongings of the Super Voter
- A registered computer or laptop. The IP address of the computer is logged into the account of the Super Voter
- Registered email address. We have a registered email address that belongs to ther Super Voter
- Registered Mobile Number. We have a mobile phone personally used by the Super Voter
- Unique Encryption Key / Super Voter Card. The Super Voter has a unique encryption key that was sent exclusively for him. This can also be a unique Super Voter card and he can enter a combination of digits from the card to log into his voting account.
All these three items are electronic and digital … they are used in the voting process … they clearly identify that the vote is coming from the Super Voter.
Speed and Efficiency
There is no need for a vote count. The process is dynamic and interactive and it will show real time results as and when the votes are put.